Saturday, June 2, 2012

More ch-changes!

First off, I chopped off my hair! Well, not me personally. I've been planning to do it for a while and today finally said "let's do it!" 14 inches are braided and sitting in a bag waiting to be sent to either Locks of Love or Pantene Beautiful Lengths. Whee! Another 101 in 1001 checked off.

I've actually been thinking about taking some of the pressure off myself with that and changing it to 101 in 1101 or something like that. Give me a little extra time, what with everything that's been going on. We'll see.

This past week I was in Chicago with my mom's family, celebrating the long, fantastic life of my grandmother, Coletta Hogan. She passed away, peacefully, surrounded by family, on May 27. The wake was 6 hours and there was a steady stream of people the entire time. Her funeral mass was beautiful. Cara, Molly, Maryjoy and I all sang the communion song together. A bishop officiated because he and my grandma were good friends when he was just a priest and he gave a lovely homily. My aunts Katy and Colette gave an amazing eulogy. It was just all around good. Then we headed back to the hotel and had a big lunch together and finally went out to a couple bars and celebrated Grandma's life! There was much dancing and shenanigans.

My family is really the best. I love spending time with them. We see them so rarely, but when we do, it's as though we've never been apart. My younger cousins are growing up so fast and it's so fun to talk to them and hang out with them and get to know the cool people they're becoming. I really wish we lived closer. But we will be back together twice more this year for weddings! Huzzah! :)

Thursday I'll be back in Boston for MIT's 2012 graduation and I will be walking across that stage and getting my diploma! Finally, officially, a recipient of a BS from MIT. And one final good-bye to Boston.

Oh, and my co-workers are awesome/cruel. They sent me a plant, with a note of condolences about my grandma. Really sweet gesture. But I've been telling them for weeks that I'm fairly certain that I'm killing the plant I got from my mom for Easter. So now they've given me something else to kill. Uncool. I keed! It was really nice to get it.

1 comment:

BorderlineNorm said...

So I has a problem. I used to get ur updates emailed to me but then you had to go making a new blog and now I don't. How do I get that back?
<3
Megan