To those who actually read this, I'm sorry for being so lax with my updates. No excuse, I'm just bad at keeping up with these kinda things.
So...before I left we had a lovely dinner with a couple pseudo-bros, Alex J and Zach P, and one extra sis, Steph. It was wonderful. Strange family conversation, as usual, delicious food, as usual, and sad parting. Then I hopped a flight to Chicago and things have been excellent. I'll go down the list:
Work: My project is most excellent. At first, I was really nervous because I had said I was interested in UI and my project is very back-end. So I thought I wouldn't know what I was doing and I'd be asking questions too much and not be efficient or whatever. But it has gone really well. It took me the first week and a half to get what the heck I was supposed to be doing, but the next week and a half I made progress in leaps and bounds. The past week was a little slow in comparison but right before my demo on Friday I was able to get a graph showing we were successfully sending data from our program to the graphing server. Huzzah!
Persons: My team rocks. I feel like I'm really a part of the team, not just some kid. And they're cool people. There are about 25 interns, plus several recent new hires, and we hang out at lunch together and sometimes after work. Although that will stop soon because...
School: I start classes tomorrow! Aaah. Course, I haven't paid for them yet (oops!). I'll be leavin work a little early tomorrow to take care of that before my class starts. Hoping that works out...pray for meee!
Family: I miss my parents and sisters like whoa. But I am really enjoying spending so much time with the extended Hogan family. Today, I went to breakfast with Aunt Eileen and Grandma, then hung out with Grandma a little bit before lunch with Grandma, Aunt Katy, Aunt Colette, Uncle Brian and Susan. Good times! Yesterday I spent the day with Aunt Eileen and Uncle Bob and the evening with them and 40 of their closest friends. :) 3rd of July party! Also good times.
Ok, my prose is not great tonight, I'm a little distracted. But hopefully the message that's been gotten is that things are good.
Oh, also, hopefully still gonna be heading to MIT in Sept, but not sure yet. Need to make a couple calls tomorrow to move the process along.
No comments:
Post a Comment