Quick update: I'm done at MIT! Hallelujah! I don't have my diploma, but that's just cause I haven't decided if I'm going to walk in June or not. I don't really want to...but my family wants me to. So I don't know. The show that was my thesis went really really well and was hard, but a lot of fun. I'm glad I did it because I think it really challenged me as an actor. I have a job in Colorado that I'll start April 9 and I head to Colorado March 13 to start looking for a car and a place and all that. Right now, I'm at home, getting some sun and recovering from a nasty cold. BOTH OF MY SISTERS WILL BE HERE SOON!!! Wheeeeee! Lillian gets in today and Cara comes next week for her spring break. Lil and I leave the same day and she'll be off on her next adventure. It's so awesome that we'll all be together one more time before I head out to Colorado, Lil continues her missionary journey.
Alright, and in the spirit of getting down to the 101 in 1001 list, I'm going to answer one of the 50 Questions that Will Free Your Mind: How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?
So, there are a few ways to think about this question, and rather than try to put them all together, I'll just do each one!
Physically, I look about the right age, but internally, I've got spinal issues and hip problems and foot problems and knee problems and I'm not very fit. However, all those things can easily happen to someone my age, duh, so physically, I'm 23.
Emotionally, whew, this one's loaded. Sometimes, I am VERY immature and I just giggle incessantly at things that are not that silly. Sometimes, I give sage advice that is beyond my years. A lot of the time, I feel like I just want to be ten years older, married with kids, teaching and driving my kids to soccer, theater or whatever. But other times, I'm terrified of living on my own and just want to be a kid and have my parents take care of me and answer all my tough questions for me. A lot of that sounds a lot like teenage Nora, but teenage Nora made a lot of decisions that current Nora would never make. I still complain a lot, but I've also been actively making changes to fix the things about myself that I want to be different. In fact, compared to a lot of people, my age, I'm making much more mature choices. I'd say solid late 20s in the emotional category. Let's say 27.
Spiritually...I'm a child. Haha. Yeah, that's an easy one. I've gone up and down a lot in the last ten years. And I think that the place I am now is very much that of a beginner. I still have so many questions, I still haven't made the effort to make God more at the front of my life, I'm still making choices that I know are not Godly and doing it willfully. I know that we all fall short and that we all sin and no one can be worthy of God's love, but on my journey of spiritual development, I'd say I'm about 12.
Academically, I'M A GRADUATE. WHAT WHAT?! Yeah, I mostly just wanted to say that.
Ok, that's all I can think of for this question. Also, I really should go to bed. Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment