Sunday, March 27, 2011

Another Week!

Sorry I didn't update all week. That was mostly because I didn't do much this week.  Well, not much exciting. I made the decision 100% to come back to MIT in the Fall.  I was a little iffy, but now I'm sure. And after...I'm thinking about applying to grad schools...which is just great since I don't know who I will get to write recommendations for me.  But now is NOT the time to worry about that.

I also started the paperwork for applying to Columbia College in Chicago to take a class this summer in addition to working.  My therapist suggested I take an art class and since I can't take one while I'm home, summer is the next best thing!  Just have to write a 200 word essay (aren't those the WORST?!) about what I hope to get out of it.  And get my transcript from MIT. That request should go in the mail tomorrow.

Also also spent some time on craigslist looking for housing for the summer.  March is a little too early though for that.  I'll wait a couple weeks then look again. That's when the people who want to sublet for the summer start posting.  Although Mom presented a good idea that I could house-sit for someone which would then eliminate housing cost. Woo woo!

So most of what I did this week was not really exciting to report, or necessarily exciting to do, just stuff.  Today was glorious though. Went to church where Pastor Gary talked about fighting temptations, defeating the sins and bad behaviors/situations that have held us captive, which is something we'll be talking about for the next couple of weeks. Hallelujah! I love it when God says "I see you, and I'm listening, and I'm here to help!"  Need to read Acts 13 for Elevation this week though. Even with my Bible study I procrastinate. Bad Nora!

Then after church, we went to Buck Island with some family friends (on their power boat ewwww) and it was so gorgeous!! No sun burn this time! I applied sun screen many many times. Hehe. Wise move on my part I think.  After Buck, we went to dinner at Cheeseburger's [in Paradise] and there was a small steel band playing and the little childrens were dancing and it was awesome!  Delicious food, good music, fun people, and adorable dancing kids, what a great time.

1 comment:

CSmith said...

<3 <3 <3 Been thinking of you a lot the last few days! Glad to read a new post. xoxo