Whoopsie! I was just posting on the Project 365 page and I realized that I'd missed a day! I did not forget to take the picture, but right now I'm taking pictures on my phone, my normal camera and my DSLR and I forgot to check my phone when I was posting the most recent set of photos. My bad.
Day 21 (for real) - 4/10/12
Business cards!
I ordered business cards. Now I am a real employee. That's what I keep saying every time some other part of my office comes together. When I got my computer, when I got my extra chair, when I got my headset. When I had to pay for coffee club. It is very different to have a full-time job than an internship, especially when you're so much younger than the rest of your team. Not that they're old, but they've all been in the professional world for at least 5 years. It's a big change.
But now I have business cards and I can give them to people when they want my business card. Which happens aaaall the time. So really, I can put my business cards in the fishbowls at restaurants where they say "put in your business card and you could win *whatever*"! And I could win!
Yay adult world!
And since I may have confused all 1 person who read the other post before I was able to update, here is a bonus pic! This is the picture I planned to put up for the 9th but then almost lost the lavalier and had to write about that instead.
Day 20 (pt 2) - 4/09/12
The pig
So cute! Lizzy and I found him at Target on Saturday. She said she had to buy me a farm animal tissue box and I picked the pig. You may be wondering why the pig and not something else, a SHEEP for example *cough*Lillian*cough*. You may also be wondering why in the world I brought a tissue box that looks like a little pig (with his little pig friend) to work.
Our group has really fun conversations at lunch. Sometime last week, the subject of farm animals came up in conversation. Not just farm animals, but specifically the noises they make. I think it started with sneezes being different in other languages...or something. In any case, Frederik, who is not on the Web Client team but sits near us and the rest of his team is not in Broomfield, who is from Sweden, said "So in America, pigs say 'oink oink', ya? Well, in Sweden they don't."
That was the whole thought. And, for whatever reason, we found it hilarious. Probably his delivery. It was quite good. No "this is what they say" or "that's not what they really sound like", just "In Sweden, they don't". It was great. Then, of course, we asked him what they do say...and he didn't know! Scandalous. But he promised to look it up for us after lunch.
Back in our cubes later, Frederik sends an email to us all with a link to a page that has a list of animals on it and the written representation of the sounds animals make according to different countries. It is a very comprehensive list. It's interesting to see which countries don't have sounds for certain animals (or maybe the creator of the list just couldn't find out). But he didn't stop there, he turned to us and said "so in Sweden, pigs say 'noff noff'".
It was great. Again, much laughter. He refused to repeat himself, which was unfortunate, because 'noff noff' is a great sound, especially with the Swedish accent he's got.
Thusly, when given the choice between farm animal tissue boxes, I of course had to get the pig one and bring it in to work. And, of course, I showed it to Andy and Frederik and said "noff noff" at them.
Then, Wednesday, I walked in and sat down and saw that an addition had been made to my pig. Frederik had taken a post it and written "noff noff" on it and stuck it to the pig.


No comments:
Post a Comment