Saturday, March 31, 2012

Days 6, 7, 8, 10 and 11

The fan was day 9. :)

Day 6 - 3/26/2012
My pseudo-desk

When I moved in on Monday I had no furniture, but I did pick up a couple useful things from Goodwill, including a tv dinner tray, which is used both for dining and computering. Thalia is less than thrilled that I have no chair, which means she can't sit on my lap. Cause I have no lap. I'll tell you though, that pillow does not do much to help my back.

Day 7 - 3/27/2012
The bed!

Isn't it purty?! I got a queen sized bed. I think I'm going to move it over a bit so that it's more even, but for now, with no other furniture in the room, it's fine. The headboard actually has leather/cushion padding in it so I don't even need pillows to rest against it when I read. Yes, I planned that. It's the one piece of furniture I'm buying new. Everything else will be either from Goodwill, which has some pretty nice stuff, or a sell-after-rent store. 

Also, see that little pillow in the middle? It's the one I was sitting on the day before. But I cleverly covered it in one of the pillowcases that came with the cheap-o bedding set. Presto match-o! 

Also also, that bed is so comfy!!! :)

Day 8 - 3/28/12
Cooking dinner!

The first meal I actually cooked in the house. I did eat the night before, but it was not food that needed to be cooked (think yogurt, cereal, blah blah blah). I've got mac n cheese in the big pot, which was much too big for how much pasta I made, but I needed the smaller pot to do the green beans since all my smaller pots are still in Boston. Speaking of, I need to get those shipped. ASAP. Anyway, I also bought some pre-cooked chicken at King Soopers (the local grocery chain) and I'm re-heating that in the big pan. Woo real food!

Also note my current "entry dump" area. Wherein I have my charging pad, phone, a mail package slip, mail, and Thalia's new tag. I need to buy some pliers to put it on her though.

Day 10 - 3/30/2012
C25K Day 1 Stats

Since I'm doing my c25k, for now, on a treadmill, I can't get the stats from the app. If I were running outside, I could use the GPS integration which would track my distance and pace. Instead, I took a picture of the dashboard of my treadmill when I finished. I was a minute short this time because it took me a minute once I started the app to get the treadmill going. Yes, I'm a bit slow sometimes. I went about a mile and three-quarters in the half hour that I ran/walked, which is slow but a good start, I think. The program will start me low and build me up. Which is not only good for a runner n00b like me, but also because exercising at altitude is VERY different than exercising at sea level. Which I learned the hard way when I came out and interviewed here and did the Pure Cardio workout from Insanity. I felt like I was dying.

Day 11 - 3/31/12
The tree next to me...

It took me a while to figure out why there were fake birds located around the food court, including one directly in front of me staring at me. Then I realized that the decor was supposed to be suggestive of trees. I'm not sure why, but that's what it is. The other post is really where I talked about why I'm at the food court. So, see that. :)

No comments: